The European Societies for Theory and/or Analysis of Music decided during EuroMAC 9 in Strasbourg in July 2017 to form a European Network. This project came true during a meeting on 24 May 2018 in Zagreb.
It was suggested that the name chosen for the network might be “T&AM”, for “Theory & Analysis of Music”, or the same in many European languages.
The Network was created by the following societies (in alphabetic order): GATM, Gruppo Analisi e Teoria Musicale; GMTh, Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie; HDGT, Hrvatsko društvo glazbenih teoretičara; OTM, Общество Теории Музыки; PTAM, Polskie Towarzystwo Analizy Muzycznej; SBAM, Société belge d'analyse musicale; SFAM, Société française d'Analyse musicale; SMA, Society for Music Analysis; VMTh, Vereniging voor Muziektheorie.
The Network held a meeting on 22 November 2018 in Aix-en-Provence.
• The ATAM was formally accepted as member of the T&AM.
• It was envisaged that membership, in due time, would be open to members of the participating societies, through their society. Researchers from countries where no society exists would be requested to become members of a society in any other country of their choice.
• The project of a dedicated website was also further discussed.
Since then, a provisional website, Europeanmusictheory, has been created to promote European projects in music theory and/or analysis. Participation to these projects is open to anyone in Europe.
The SDMT, Српско друштво за музичку теорију, Srpsko društvo za muzičku teoriju (Serbian Society for Music Theory) was created in Belgrade on 12 September 2019 and joined the T&AM.
• 14–16 November 2019. ENIM 2019, IX Encontro de Investigação em Música, Sociedade Portuguesa de Investigação em Música. Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
• 18–19 November 2019. Fifth biennal meeting of the Belgian Society for Music Analysis in the Royal Conservatoire, Liège, on the theme Representation and analysis. Details to be announced.
• 29–30 November 2019. JMA 2019, French Music Analysis Conference, in the CRR, Paris, on the theme Applications of Practices and Theories of Analysis Today.
• 28-29 February 2020. Workshop Analysis and Interpretation, organized by the Associació de Teoria, Barcelona. Call for papers.
• 29 February-1 March 2020. Beethoven 2020: Analytical and Performative Perspectives. International Conference organized by the Dutch-Flemish Society for Music Theory, Amsterdam, Conservatorium. Call for papers.
• 27-29 March 2020. Symposium Beethoven the European, Centro Studi Opera Omnia Luigi Boccherini of Lucca in collaboration with Ad Parnassum, Journal of Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century Instrumental Music. Description and Call for Papers.
• 20-22 April 2020. International HarMA Seminar Event, Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music, Budapest, in collaboration with the Royal Conservatoire, Brussels.
• 30 June-1 July 2020. International Conference on Musical Form, organised by the Formal Theory Study Group of the SMA in association with the Department of Music, Durham University, Supported by North-Eastern Music Analysis Collective. Call for Paper on the Web page of the Conference.
• 23-25 July 2020. Birmingham Music Analysis Conference, University of Birmingham. Call for Papers.
• 8-10 September 2020. 56th Annual Conference of the Royal Musical Association, Goldsmiths, University of London. Call for papers.
• 21-26 September 2020. EuroMAC 10, the European Conference of Music Analysis. Moscow, Tchaikovsky Conservatory. The main theme is Analysis, Theory and History of Music: and/or/vs Relationship