The European Societies for Theory and/or Analysis of Music decided during EuroMAC 9 in Strasbourg in July 2017 to form a European Network. This project came true during a meeting on 24 May 2018 in Zagreb.
It was suggested that the name chosen for the network might be “T&AM”, for “Theory & Analysis of Music”, or the same in many European languages.
The Network was created by the following societies (in alphabetic order:) GATM, Gruppo Analisi e Teoria Musicale; GMTh, Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie; HDGT, Hrvatsko društvo glazbenih teoretičara; OTM, Общество Теории Музыки; PTAM, Polskie Towarzystwo Analizy Muzycznej; SBAM, Société belge d'analyse musicale; SFAM, Société française d'Analyse musicale; SMA, Society for Music Analysis; VMTh, Vereniging voor Muziektheorie.
The Network will hold its next meeting on 22 November 2018 in Aix-en-Provence. A dedicated website will be opened as soon as possible. It will announce the conditions of membership, which will be open to all European researchers in music theory and/or analysis.
• 17-18 November 2018. The Music Academy in Gdansk and the Polish Society for Music Analysis organize a conference, Methods of Analysis of 20th and 21st Century Music.
• 23-24 November 2018. Work Days of the French Society for Music Analysis (SFAM), Conservatoire Darius-Milhaud, Aix-en-Provence: C. Debussy, F. Couperin et la musique française : analyses, théories, interprétations. Programme (PDF).
• 18-19 January 2019. Symposium of the French learned Societies for Music (Société française de Musicologie, SFM; Société française d'Ethnomusicologie, SFE; Société française d'Analyse musicale, SFAM; Association francophone d'Informatique musicale, AFIM), Maison des Sciences de l'Homme Paris Nord: Les sciences de la musique : de nouveaux défis dans une société en mutation. Call for posters (PDF).
• 21-23 March 2019. International symposium Música Analítica 2019, Music as Analysis, Analysis as Music. Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Porto.
• 27-28 July 2019. International Music Analysis Conference (SotonMAC 2019) of the Society for Music Analysis (SMA), University of Southampton, Department of Music. This will be preceded by a Music Analysis Summer School for postgraduate students and early career scholars on 27-28 July 2019. Further details will be announced in Autumn 2018.
• 2–5 October 2019. The Russian Society for Music Theory organizes its Fourth International Congress in Nazib Zhiganov Kazan’ State Conservatory. The theme is Musical Terms, Concepts and Categories.
• The Dutch-Flemish Society for Music Theory announces a Joint conference with the Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie in Trossingen, Germany, in 2019.
• EuroMAC 10, the European Conference of Music Analysis, should take place in Moscow in Autumn 2020.